Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sandwich Snacks: Upcoming Trailers and Clips


Another update from Comic-Con!  New movies just keep on rollin’! Plus, new TV clips from your favorite shows!



Big Screen

Drive

   Here is Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan in an impressive new trailer. Because of the title, I thought these fine actors turned over to the dark side and went towards the Vin Diesel school of acting. Thankfully, this has nothing to do with anything The Fast and Furious. Ryan truly is a gifted actor. He’s choosing roles that are diverse which some actors can’t do *cough cough Vinny the Diesel.*  I have the chills from these scenes and it’s only a 2:30 minute clip! I strongly recommend his phenomenal performance  (robbed an Oscar there) in Half Nelson. He’s not that little Mouseketeer anymore. In reality, I’d watch Ryan Gosling hold a paper bag for two hours. *He’s oh so dreamy.* No, but seriously it looks promising!  





Haywire


   Ocean’s Eleven director Steven Soderberg decided to cast a Mixed Martial Arts fighter, Gina Carano in his upcoming action suspense film. Some are saying it looks like a female version of the Bourne Identity series.  Do people feel like Piper Perabo in Covert Affairs and last year with Angelina Jolie in Salt are enough? I feel like there a can be multiple female stories. Why do female-lead films have to be restricted to a small number per year? Regardless, IMDB has the supporting cast listed and it’s a doozey! Michael Fassbender, Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor (EYE CANDY EXPLOSION). And oh yeah, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton, and Michael Douglas. The trailer shows what is sure to be a kick-ass adventure. With this director and these actors, I know I’m ready to by my ticket.



Fright Night

(Clips)

   The 80’s horror film is being remade with Colin Farrell as the nasty-vampire-next-door. Don’t expect that supernatural phase to go away anytime in the next few... Well, it’s a genre now. It’s here forever! He maybe a bad-boy celeb but I always think of Colin from S.W.A.T. or In Bruges (shockingly good comedic acting). He’s seems to have that handsome yet creepy vibe going for him. Just for laughs, they added McLovin’ to the cast. Hopefully, this won’t be another Friday the 13th remake. EEK!



Breaking Dawn

(Bad quality clip)


   Now, I want to say who cares but this is a MONSTER franchise. It’s been on the minds of teenage girls and grown women.  I’m not going to lie. I’ve read all the books. Did I obsessive over them? No, I felt they weren’t even substantial enough to compare to Harry Potter.  I have seen all films (in theaters opening weekend I will admit). I’m awaiting the release like everyone else but just don’t expect me to scream and swoon at the movies. *I do that in private.* I’m glad Dreamgirls director Bill Condon has directed the film. I feel like it won’t be as hokey as the other films. Do I dare say? I except he’ll bring some class and provide a worthy adaption. 


Small Screen

The Walking Dead


   AMC’s hit series is coming back in October. Cracks are spreading in the foundation of the survivors’ group. Now with zombies galore, I don’t think breaking away from each other is the smartest idea. Unlike last year’s six episodes, the panel told the audience to prepare for a full season.  Actress Sarah Wayne Callies said "These are the best scripts I've ever read." That’s a pretty bold statement. I hope she’s right especially since it’s AMC’s highest rated show. There’s not a much amount of gore, guts, and blood in this trailer as last season but I don’t see the pace slowing down.  
 



Last, but not least:


True Blood

  I am a True Blood fang-atic! I’ve read the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I own the DVDs. And best of all, I worship Eric Northman. (TEAM ERIC, folks). I genuinely have “water cooler” conversions with my co-workers. Everyone knows to come to me for the recap! The fourth season premiered on HBO in late June. Even though it’s only a few episodes in, the panel showed a clip for what awaits the vamps in Bon Temps. All I can say: OH-MY-GAWD!! FRIGGIN’ WOWZA. I’m a bit SPEECHLESS which isn’t good considering I’m writing a blog. I CAN’T WAIT!! Producer Alan Ball isn’t afraid to stray await from the original novels. I, for one, am happy about that. Creativity spills out of this series. Where else can you see this kind of show? I understand some people think it’s campy or involves too much sex and violence but it’s a guilty pleasure. That’s the whole point!  


 

Woo! Now, with that end’s today’s Comic-Con fun.

1 comment:

  1. broken links dude- biggest pet peeves- you got to switch those out.

    ReplyDelete