Thursday, August 18, 2011

Events: Free Brooklyn Bridge Movies



    For the past 12 years, the good folks at the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservatory have shown free movies outside in the park. The astounding NY skyline overlooking the water is a rare place for peace and tranquility (not to mention romantic). I went every Thursday from July to September of last year. I’ve been more busy this year but I had the opportunity to go last week. The iconic 1961 classic “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” was played for all to see. The film about a quintessential and untraditional New York girl was the perfect antidote to my stressful week. It was a beautiful night without a cloud in the sky in 77 degree weather. I’ll go more into depth about the film next week with “What I Learned” but to see Audrey Hepburn in her famous Little Black Dress was a true “New York Moment.” No wonder the lawn was at full capacity! I highly recommend going to the park with your blanket and some fresh sandwiches.



Movies With A View continues until September 1. Movies are screened every Thursday. Check their site for the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment