Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Buzzworthy Music Tuesdays: Aug 9th


The Head & The Heart
  
    I discovered this fantastic Seattle indie band from the MySpoonful website. I've been in love ever since I heard lead singer's Josiah Johnson deep yet scratchy voice. Their soft and soulful vocals provide a mesmerizing sound to the background of folk music.

     I was never a fan of folk music until I heard Glen Hansard poor his heart out in Once. I always thought it use to sound either depressing, boring, or like country music. How wrong I was! Folk music snuck into my bones and shook the very essence of what I understood music to be. *Wow, exaggerate much, Chris?* Music isn't Top 40. It took me years to comprehend this. To listen to a simple guitar and a sincere voice is literally music to my ears. To think I use to listen to Danity Kane (ONLY for 5 mins) and not be embarrassed! *Ugh, I can't believe I just said that!*



 

No comments:

Post a Comment